Develop Your Future Talent
Proactive firms understand that it takes more than substantive training to develop highly effective associates and new partners. They realize the firm’s future is dependent on the next generation’s ability to master the arts of leadership, management, team effectiveness, business development and client service.
The Associate/New Partner Leadership Training Series can help your lawyers refine these critically important skills. Each interactive training workshop provides an overall framework, along with extremely practical techniques, for developing and implementing important competencies possessed by highly successful lawyers.
Workshops can be delivered as a single combined program, or can be scheduled months apart to maintain the momentum of an ongoing learning culture. Each program includes:
- Pre-planning with your training staff to match the program to your desired outcomes.
- A customized interactive workshop with group discussions that focuses on specific tactics and takeaways they can use immediately in their practices.
- Personal action planning worksheets to help participants capture next steps.
- Where applicable, post-session group conference calls to discuss challenges and successes.
- The Five Habits of Successful Business Development for Associates
- The Five Habits of Successful Business Development for Partners
- The Five Pillars of Client Service
- Lateral integration techniques
- Business development for laterals
Associate Leadership and Management Skills: Workshops can include the following topics:
- Developing an ownership mindset
- Running effective meetings
- Leading and participating in teams
- Building networks
- Enhancing communication skills
- Motivating others
- Coaching and feedback
- Managing conflict
Summer Associate Training Programs
Many firms are also searching for ways to demonstrate their level of commitment to associate candidates. Our Summer Associate Training Programs allow your summer associates to sample the kind of support you will provide if they choose to join your firm. These programs, which are scaled-down versions of the workshops described above, send a very tangible message about your firm and its dedication to ongoing associate development.